Share this
  • Registration and Records

    The Office of Registration and Records is responsible for the registration process and maintaining academic records of students who have attended Edison State Community College. Within established state and federal guidelines, the Office of Records and Registration is responsible to produce transcripts of all academic coursework for those students who have attended, and to provide and verify information about student enrollment history.

    Mission  The Office of Registration and Records will respond to the needs of Edison State Community College stakeholders by providing excellent service, communicating accurate information and providing a positive experience that actively contributes to Edison State's culture of student success.
  • You will find detailed information regarding academic probation, academic suspension and readmission in the Academic Catalog or the Edison State Community College Student Handbook.

    SOCHE LogoAs a member school in the Southwestern Ohio Council for Higher Education (SOCHE), Edison State Community College participates in the SOCHE Consortium. This Consortium of more than twenty colleges and universities provides a means for students to cross-register at each other's institutions, while paying the tuition of their current (or home) institution.

    There are certain conditions that must be met in order to receive permission to attend through this consortium. More information can be found on the SOCHE website.

    The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a Federal law that requires that Edison State Community College, with certain exceptions, obtain your written consent prior to the disclosure of personally identifiable information from education records. However, the College may disclose appropriately designated "directory information" without written consent, unless you have advised the College to the contrary in accordance with published procedures. The primary purpose of directory information is to allow the College to include non-invasive information from your education records in a number of ways, such as inclusion in certain school publications, press releases or online media. Examples include:

    • Dean's List or other recognition lists
    • Graduation programs
    • Sports activity sheets showing weight and height of team members
    • On the College's website, Facebook page, or other online presence

    Directory information is information that is generally not considered harmful or an invasion of privacy if released, may also be disclosed to outside organizations and individuals without a student's prior written consent.

    If you do not want the College to disclose directory information from your education records without your prior written consent, you must notify the College Registrar in writing. Edison State Community College has designated the following information as directory information:

    • Name
    • Address(es)
    • Telephone number(s)
    • Email address(es)
    • Photograph(s) and video(s)
    • Major field of study
    • Dates of attendance
    • Grade level (such as freshman, sophomore)
    • Enrollment status (undergraduate or graduate, full-time or part-time)
    • Date of graduation and degree(s)/certificate(s) conferred
    • Honors or awards received, including selection to a dean's list or honorary organization
    • Participation in officially recognized activities and athletics
    • Weight and height where the student is a member of athletic teams
    • Most recent previous school attended

    What is the difference between official and unofficial transcripts?
    Official transcripts are printed on secure paper which bears the Registrar's signature, the College seal, and contains other security features to help prevent and deter tampering and fraud. Because of this, official transcripts cannot be faxed, generated online or emailed. Some colleges will only accept transcripts as official if sent and received in a sealed envelope from the reporting institution.

    Unofficial transcripts are printed on plain white paper. They are usually used for an informal evaluation or for students' personal records. Students can access an unofficial transcript in WebAdvisor that can be printed for these purposes.

    Why do I have to provide an official copy of my High School transcripts?
    Your high school transcript is the official means of proof that you have graduated from high school. Members of the University System of Ohio (like Edison State) cannot award degrees or certificates to students unless they have graduated from high school or earned a GED.

    Where can I obtain my GED transcript?
    Students who have completed their GED must provide Edison State with proof of completion in order to graduate from Edison State with a degree or certificate. Instructions and information regarding how to request a copy of your GED transcript can be found on the  Ohio Department of Education website.

    How do I change my major?
    To change your major please complete the Declaration of Major | Change of Major Form.

    What is auditing a course?
    When auditing a course, a student is not competing for a grade, nor will they receive transcript credit for the course. Auditing costs the same as taking a course for credit, except for those who are over the age of 60. The request to audit a course must be completed before the end of the late registration window.

    When will I be able to see my final grades?
    You can usually view your final grades on the Wednesday following the end of each semester.

    If my grade is wrong, what do I do?
    If you have a discrepancy with your grade, contact the instructor of that course. The instructor can submit a Grade Change Request Form to the Office of Registration and Records.

    I requested a copy of my transcript but the other college has not received it. What do I do?
    The Office of Registration and Records keeps track of all transcript requests, including when we send the transcript and to what address, based upon the information provided. Once a transcript leaves the college, the U.S. Postal Service delivers it to the other institution. Quite often, a transcript may take only a day or two to arrive at its destination, but can then spend another couple of days caught up in the campus mail system before being delivered to the particular office or person to whom it has been sent. We cannot be responsible for 'lost' transcripts if we receive incomplete or inaccurate mailing information. Always verify that all the information you provide is correct and up-to-date.

    The Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) can be viewed by clicking below.


    Please use the following links to access many of the important forms that you may need before, during and after your enrollment and/or employment at Edison State Community College.  (Forms are listed in alphabetical order.)

    Student Forms Faculty Forms

    Academic Amnesty Petition Form
    Academic Petition | Pass/No-Pass Form
    Additional Degree Request Form
    Application for Admission to the College
    Application for Readmission | Information Update
    Change of Address and/or Phone Number Form
    Change of Major Form
    Change of Name, DOB and/or SSN Form
    Change of Section Request Form
    Directory Information Non-Disclosure Form
    Enrollment Verification Request Form
    GEN 101S Waiver Request Form
    Graduation Application
    High School Transcript Request Form
    Late Withdraw Request Form
    Portfolio Evaluation Application
    Proficiency Exam Listing and Registration Form
    Readmission After Suspension Form
    Registration | Add | Drop Form
    Release of Student Records Form
    Residency Decision Appeal
    Residency Reclassification Petition
    Revocation of Release of Records Form
    Testing Your Faith Act—Absence Notification Form
    Veteran's Request for Benefits Form

    Financial Aid Forms

    Work Study Application


    Academic Dishonesty Policy
    Additional Degree Request Form
    Application for Independent Study 
    Course Substitution | Course Waiver Request Form
    Enrollment Against Advice Form
    Faculty-Initiated Withdrawal Form
    Faculty Tuition Reimbursement Application
    GEN 101S Waiver Request Form
    Grade Change Request Form
    Incomplete Grade Request Form
    Lab Pass
    Registration | Add | Drop Form

    Academic Alert Form

    HR Forms

    Click the button below for information on grades.

    Grade Information

    There are five convenient ways to register for classes.

    • Register online using MyESCC.
    • Register in person at the Piqua, Eaton, Greenville or Troy location.
    • Register via email by printing, signing, scanning and emailing a registration form to Registration and Records. All emailed forms must be sent from your Edison State email address to ensure the integrity of your request.
    • Register via fax by sending a completed registration form to 937.778.4692 before the payment deadline.
    • Register via the U.S. postal service by sending a completed registration form to the Piqua, Eaton, Greenville or Troy location.

    Important  Registration cannot be completed via phone as we cannot confirm your identity. Registrations received via email, fax, or postal mail may take longer to be processed. To avoid this possible delay and ensure your course preferences are granted, please register online or in person.

    New Students
    New students may register beginning the third week of the registration period and ending the Friday two weeks before the start of the term.

    Current Students
    Currently enrolled students are eligible for priority registration. Priority registration is available the first two calendar weeks of the registration period but must adhere to the following course-specific registration policies:

    4-Week | 8-Week | 16-Week Courses (Regular, Webflex, or Flex)
    Students may enroll in a 4-week, 8-week, or 16-week course before it meets for the first time.

    Online Courses
    Students may enroll in an online course before the first day of the term.

    Developmental Courses
    Students may enroll in a developmental course before the first day of the class.

    Exceptions to this policy must be approved by the faculty member in collaboration with one of the following:

    • Academic Dean
    • Dean of Enrollment Services
    • Dean of Student Success
    • Dean of the Edison State at Greenville location

    Edison State has partnered with Parchment to offer students and alumni a secure, electronic way to request and send transcripts. Current students and recent graduates may access Parchment's portal via the MyESCC portal or by clicking below.


    Unofficial transcripts are accessible to current Edison State students via MyESCC. Click on Academics, then on Unofficial Transcript. Please contact the IT Help Desk at 937.778.7957 for MyESCC login and password assistance.

    If you have additional questions, please email the Registration Office.

    For information on Transfer of Credits, click below.


    Need a class… but it is already full?

    Get On A Waitlist
    Ask to be placed on a waitlist if you are unable to schedule a class because it is already full. All prerequisites must be met in order to be added to a waitlist.

    How It Works
    Students are placed on a waitlist and notified on a first-come, first-serve basis as seats become available. You will receive an email via your Edison State email account, at such time that you are eligible to register for a waitlist course.

    Check Your Edison State Email
    You will have 24-hour period from the time the email is sent to you, to register for the course. It is your responsibility to check your Edison State email account daily and register in time. If you fail to register within this timeframe, the seat will be offered to the next student on the waitlist.

    Register For The Course
    Register online at MyESCC or in person. Email your registration within your 24-hour registration window if you are unable to register online or in person and it is after our normal business hours.