Share this
  • Transfer Students

    You are a transfer student if you are transferring credit from another college to complete a degree at Edison State. 

    Applying as a transfer student

    We will work with you to ensure your transition is as seamless as possible.



  • Our career pathways offer a step-by-step path to help you achieve your career goals. Your classes will build toward industry-recognized short-term technical certificates, certificates, technical degrees or transferable associate degrees.


    Contact your high school and ask them to send an official copy of your transcript to Edison State. If you have a GED, use the link to request your scores be sent to Edison State.

    If you earned college credit or completed College Credit Plus or Dual Course Credit coursework through a college or university, other than Edison State, request an official transcript from each college/university you attended.

    Edison State must receive your official transcript directly from each institution. Transcripts can be emailed to the Office of Registration and Records.

    If you need to mail your transcript(s), please send to the address below.
    Office of Registration and Records
    Edison State Community College
    1973 Edison Drive
    Piqua, OH 45356

    Once your college transcript(s) have been received and evaluated, you will receive a notification via email and can review you transfer credits through your MyESCC account.

    ACCEPTANCE OF TRANSFER CREDITS  The following outlines Edison State's policy for the acceptance of transfer credits. Generally, Edison State will accept credits earned from other regionally accredited institutions as follows:

    • A grade of "C" or higher must have been received. Grades of pass or credit also will be accepted. Certain coursework with a grade of "D" may also transfer.
    • Credit will not be granted for courses that are defined as pre-college level by the institution where they were earned. Such courses will be noted for academic advising purposes and will show transferred hours as "0."
    • You may receive general elective credit when a course does not have a direct equivalent at Edison State.

    Edison State may accept credit from an institution that is not regionally accredited as outlined below:

    • The acceptance of work from a non-regionally accredited institution applies only to applied degree programs which include AAB, AAS and ATS degrees.
    • Student petitions for review of this course work will be on an individual basis, allowing for consideration of each student's knowledge base, recent use of course knowledge in the work place and supporting course work from educational experience. 


    To see if credit may be awarded, any transcript(s) for credits earned outside of the United State must be sent to the credential evaluation agency listed below.

    Send an official copy of your international transcript(s) to the following agency:

    We encourage you to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered for financial assistance. Submit the FAFSA at Edison State's school code is 012750. Learn more about financing your education here.

    The Edison State Scholarship Application is your ticket to applying for 55+ campus-based scholarships. The Scholarship Application is available beginning November 1 of each academic year and the deadline for submission is March 1 of the following year. Learn more about our scholarship opportunities here.

    Please allow two weeks for us to process your application and send you a letter of admission from the College.

  • IMPORTANT  Admission to Edison State does not guarantee admission to every course or program. Some courses have prerequisites which must be met prior to course enrollment. Some degree and certificate programs including PhlebotomyRegistered NursingPhysical Therapist Assistant, Medical Laboratory Technician and Veterinary Technology have additional admission requirements and follow a selective admission procedure with criteria used to select applicants most likely to succeed in these programs. Please contact a career pathways advisor or review the Academic Catalog to learn more.