The following information is being provided and should be used in the case of an emergency.
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Locations
An automated external defibrillator (AED) is a portable electronic device that automatically diagnoses the life-threatening cardiac arrhythmias and is able to treat them through defibrillation—the application of electricity which stops the arrhythmia—allowing the heart to reestablish an effective rhythm. With easily understandable instructions, AEDS are design to be simple to use by anyone. AED devices can be found in the following locations:
- ⇒ Outside the Student Health Service Office | Room 060
- ⇒ Outside the Human Resources Department | Near Room 136
- ⇒ Outside the East Hall Faculty Lounge | Room 405
- ⇒ Outside the Library—Near Restrooms | Room 500 area
- ⇒ Edison State at Greenville
- Campus Emergency Preparedness and Response Information
If life or health is threatened—do the following:
⇒ Call 911
⇒ Notify Security at 7820 from an Edison State phone or at 937.418.9570 from a mobile device.
⇒ Find more detailed information about medical and weather emergencies or crisis situations in the Emergency Procedures Manual.
- Emergency Closing Procedures
If deemed necessary, a campus-wide alert will be issued in the event of that a situation arises that may institute a threat—either on or off campus. Students, faculty, staff and other registered uses will receive a warning through the Edison Alerts system. Depending upon the particular circumstance(s) of the situation—and especially in all situations that could pose an immediate threat to the community and/or individuals—a notice may be posted on the College website and social media channels.
- First-Aid Kit Locations
First-Aid kits can be found in the following locations:
⇒ Chemistry Prep Area | Room 232
⇒ Biology Prep Area | Room 121
⇒ Maintenance Office | Room 345
⇒ Library Work Area | Room 575
⇒ Art Room—Kiln Area | Room 173
⇒ Student Services Workroom | Room 174
⇒ Control Booth—Theater | Room 040
⇒ Child Care Center | Room 449
⇒ Manufacturing Lab—By hallway doors
- Security will investigate all accidents occurring on College property and will identify the injured parties and any witnesses.
- RAVE Guardian Mobile Security
Edison State Community College has partnered with Rave Mobile Safety to provide an emergency alert system called Edison Alerts. All current students, faculty and staff are automatically enrolled in the program. Upon enrollment, an email notification from Edison Alerts will be sent to your Edison State email account, prompting you to complete the registration process. It is necessary to complete the registration process in order to receive Edison Alerts by text, phone and/or personal email.
- RAVE or Edison Alerts is information provided TO YOU—FROM EDISON STATE SECURITY, including campus closings, weather alerts or an emergency situation such as a bomb threat or active shooter.
- RAVE Guardian is a free app that enables YOU to provide information TO EDISON STATE SECURITY, including threatening or suspicious behavior, parking lot accidents or medical emergencies.
Visit the Campus Security and Safety page for more information on the RAVE Guardian system.
- Tornado | Fire Alarm
All rooms on campus have directions posted in the event of a fire or tornado. Familiarize yourself with where these directions are located in each classroom. More information can be found in the Emergency Procedures Manual.