Share this
  • Veterans

    Thank you for your service!

    Considering school?

    We'd be honored to assist you! We recognize the tremendous contribution that veterans and reservists have made. We are committed to providing you with academic, referral and personal support services to help ease access to higher education, foster success and build community.

    Ready to get started?  Complete the five simple steps below to become an Edison State student!

    Number 1    Submit an application 

    If you are a returning ESCC student, check the "returning Edison State student" option on the Application to update your information.

    Number 2  Take the ACCUPLACER assessment  (if needed)
    Students who have taken the ACT or SAT within the past two (2) years, or who have successfully completed college-level math or English, may not need a placement assessment. Learn more about the ACCUPLACER assessment by clicking here.
    Number 3  Meet with a career pathways advisor. Find your career pathways advisor's contact info here.
    Create your student plan and register for classes.
    Number 4  Complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
    Visit and enter the Edison State code: 012750. This step is a requirement for scholarship applications and determines you eligibility for grants (free money).
    Number 5  New student orientation
    This will prepare you for a successful transition to Edison State. Learn more about our locations, resources and your student accounts.

    Be sure to

    Checkmark    Review the Edison State checklist that applies to your benefit program or designation.
    Post-9/11 GI Bill Program
    Montgomery GI Bill—Active Duty and Selected Reserve Programs
    Reserve Educational Assistance Program 
    Survivors and Dependents Assistance Program
    Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Program 

    Also be sure to

    Checkmark    Apply for Financial Aid and check out Edison State scholarship opportunities. For help along the way, call to speak with a Resource Specialist at 937.778.8600.
    Checkmark    Have your official college (if other than Edison State) and high school or GED transcripts sent to Edison State Community College. Transcripts should be sent to Registration and Records | Edison State Community College | 1973 Edison Drive | Piqua, OH 45356.
    Checkmark    Please read and retain your official admissions letter. Make note of your Student Identification number. This number uniquely identifies you as an Edison State student and serves as your gateway to most Edison State services, including Registration and Financial Aid.
    Checkmark    Visit the Bookstore.
    Obtain your books and Charger apparel.
    Checkmark    Pay for your classes.
    Get your FREE parking permit.